Arts Note: Chuck Berry, Opera Theatre among 2013 Arts and Education Council awardees
The Arts and Education Council has announced selections for its 2013 St. Louis Arts Awards.
The awardees to be honored in a Jan. 21, 2013 ceremony at Chase Park Plaza are:
- Chuck Berry, Lifetime Achievement in the Arts
- PNC Bank, Corporate Support of the Arts
- Judy and Jerry Kent, Excellence in Philanthropy
- Opera Theatre of Saint Louis, Excellence in the Arts
- Michael Uthoff, Excellence in the Arts
- St.Louis Public Radio, 90.7 KWMU, Champion of the Arts
- Duane Martin Foster, Art Educator of the Year
The Arts and Education Council has presented these awards since 1992. The January event, with proceeds benefitting the Council, will kick off the organization's 50th anniversary. For more information, visit the Arts and Education Council's website.