Komen paints downtown pink
Almost 64,000 people came to downtown St Louis today to support the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. According to the organization, more than $2,370,000 was raised, and 75 percent of that will stay in this area to support screening, treatment, education and support programs. The remaining 25 percent goes to the national program in support of grants.
Patrick Boland, winner of the 5K, told Channel 5's Rene Knott that it was hot out there, but more people were thankful that the weather was 10 degrees cooler than it had been.
The other winners were Meagan Hudson (female 5K), Katie Sutton (female survivor, 5K), David Grassi (men's wheelchair) and Jennifer Kaiser (women's wheelchair.
Photos by Bill Greenblatt | UPI (not for reuse)