Forum on immigration slated for next week at Washington University
U.S. Rep. William Lacy Clay, D-St. Louis, is hosting a forum on Tuesday at Washington University that aims to focus on all sides of the immgration debate.
Entitled "A Nation of Immigrants: Reflecting on Challenges & Potential Solutions," the forum will feature a number of local figures who are involved in various aspects of the immigration system.
KMOX host Charles Brennan is to be the moderator; the forum is slated for 2 p.m. in January Hall. The other hosts include the Washington University Student Union, the Association of Latin American Students and The Social Justice Center.
Besides Clay, the forum's participants include:
- former St. Louis County Executive Gene McNary, an immigration lawyer and former chief of the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service;
- Charles Pratt, U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Service
- Ken Schmitt, chairman of the MO-KS Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association;
- Anna Crosslin, chief executive and president of the International Institute of St. Louis;
- Dr. Katherine Matthews, director of clinical services at Casa de Salud, a health and wellness center that focuses on assisting immigrants;
- Bob Fox, chairman of the board at the Casa de Salud
Contact Beacon political reporter Jo Mannies.